Soup to nuts on our current understanding of recovery from one of the scientific leaders in the field. Dr. Peake is a colleague of Dr. Neubauer, who was on last episode (#48), discussing the immune system in recovery. Today we broaden the discussion and talk about the other knowns and unknowns on the topic.
Here are some of the papers we talked about that Dr. Peake sent over:
- Modulating exercise-induced hormesis: does less equal more?
- Muscle damage and inflammation during recovery from exercise
- Recovery of the immune system after exercise
- Post-exercise cold water immersion attenuates acute anabolic signalling and long-term adaptations in muscle to strength training
- The effects of cold water immersion and active recovery on inflammation and cell stress responses in human skeletal muscle after resistance exercise